TRAINING EXPERIENCE DETERMINATION HONESTY COURAGE
"No man undertakes a trade he has not learned, even the meanest; yet everyone thinks himself sufficiently qualified for the hardest of all trades--that of government."
YOU'RE THE BOSS!
JOB DESCRIPTION: Law Maker / State Representative
J.D. (Juris Doctor) honors, cum laude
College: Johnson & Wales University - Prov., RI
B.S. (honors, summa cum laude)
High School: Scituate High School
High School: Coventry High School
Attorney at Law
Probate Judge, Town of Coventry
Landscaper, Coventry Housing Authority
Firefighter, Town of North Kingstown
In the Past Two Years My Opponent:
2. Submitted a bill in June 2010 to authorize fire districts to begin levying excise taxes on your motor vehicles.
3. Voted against a bill that would have allowed Rhode Island employers to confirm the work eligibility status of newly hired employees through the federal electronic authorization program known as E-Verify (he pledged to support E-Verify in the 2008 election).
4. Voted in favor of new taxes on real estate construction and conveyances of real property.
5. Voted to increase license and registration fees for businesses, hospitals and charitable organizations.
6. Voted in favor of increasing the tax on gasoline for our motor vehicles.
2. To support job creation by cutting taxes, creating business investment incentives and reforming our unemployment system to give displaced workers more choices to find their way back to productive and prosperous lives.
3. To support E-Verify and fight to remove the incentives to enter our state illegally such as free health care, in-state college tuition rates and scholarships.
4. To make the right spending choices.
Paid for by Steven Hart for State Rep - District 28